Friday, February 29, 2008

Movie Review: Juno (2007)



Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner
Director: Jason Reitman
Genre: Comedy
Rated: PG-13


This movie succeeds where so many movies like it fail. Most quirky movies with a strong lead character get old fast and become tiresome to watch. Juno is funny, entertaining and unpredictable. So do I think that this is a good movie? "Hells yeah!"

Ellen Page deserved her Oscar nomination as Juno. It's a shame she didn't win. She commands the screen as the lovable 16 year-old who becomes pregnant. The dialogue and the cast in this movie shine throughout. A great supporting ensemble led by Michael Cera (Superbad). This was nominated for 4 Academy Awards including Best Picture. The only Oscar it won was for Best Screenplay by Diablo Cody.

I would recommend this movie to anyone over the age of 13. I think you'll really like it.

" Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"


Have you seen this movie? Go to DISCUSS MOVIE to enter the open discussion. You can include questions, comments or even your own review. CAUTION: May contain spoilers!

No comments: